I regularly attend webinars by Directions Magazine, and I recommend you get onto their mailing list for future events. Their March 15 one-hour webinar on workflows that integrate CityEngine and SketchUp answered a lot of questions I had about why I needed SketchUp in the first place.
Topics I was particularly interested in:
- Interoperability between SketchUp and CityEngine for automating addition of complex 3D detail to site plans
- Creation and interoperability of architecturally important (“hero”) buildings
- The right tools for the job: what are appropriate tasks for CityEngine and for SketchUp?
- Some fast techniques for modelling small buildings in SketchUp
- The need to work quickly — and how to do it
- Browser-based 3D web scenes and virtual reality (VR)
- Creating 3D contexts from availble GIS data